AMILOADED MEDIA HUB NEWS UPDATE
Olayide Owolabi Adelami, the nominee for the position of deputy governor of Ondo State, is scheduled to undergo screening before the Ondo State House of Assembly on Thursday, January 26.
The speaker of the Ondo Assembly, Olamide Oladiji, announced this during Wednesday’s plenary after reading a letter from Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa.
Oladiji said the governor acted in line with Section 191(3) b&c of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.
Here are 11 things to know about the new Ondo deputy Gov nominee
- Chief Adelami who hails from Owo, Owo local government area
- He was born over six decades ago to the family of Oluka Oribokun by Pa and Mrs Amos Adelami.
- Adelami was an APC governorship aspirant in 2020 but stepped down for the late Akeredolu.
- He was first enlisted into the Federal Civil Service as an Accountant II in December 1983
- Adelami retired as Deputy Clerk to the National Assembly l in April 2018.
- He graduated from the prestigious Imade College in Owo before proceeding to The Polytechnic, Ibadan for his GCE A level
- He later went to the University of Lagos for his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He further got an MBA degree from Ogun State University.
- In 1988 he was later posted to the National Assembly Provisional Office, Abuja as one of the pioneer staff of the Constituent Assembly which metamorphosed into the present-day National Assembly.
- In 1996, he was invited to help in setting up the Accounts Department of the Petroleum Special Trust Fund.
- In 2014, he was promoted to the position of Secretary (Permanent Secretary) at the Directorate of Procurement, Estate and Works. A position he held until he was appointed as the Deputy Clerk to the National Assembly.
- He also served at the Family Support Trust Fund as head of the Finance and Accounts Department between 1996 and 2000.