What My Brother Told Me Before He Died – Cousin Of Man Killed By Police Stray Bullet In Osogbo Reveals

Adewale Olabomi, the cousin of Saheed Olabomi, a 30-year-old holder of National Diploma, who was reportedly shot by a riot policeman in Osogbo, the state capital of Osun last Tuesday and died after over two days in the Intensive Care Unit of Osun State University Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, has given more details about the life of the deceased.

During an interview with PUNCH, the cousin said: “He is my cousin. We were very close. I was one of those that saw him last before he was shot. He was married and had two children, a boy and girl. He has been buried. During the day he died, he slept in my house. When we woke in the morning, he told me he was going to Osogbo and he left.

“He was on life support for over two days. At a point, the oxygen was removed, but when his breathing became irregular, the thing was returned. I had hoped he was going to recover. Sincerely, he had big plans. At a point, I thought he was going to make it.”

When asked How is the family taking the incident, he said: “The family of the deceased is distraught. We are devastated. It was an incident that would be difficult to forget because of the person Saheed was.

“He was the last child of his parents. Both parents are still alive. But he was like the breadwinner. He was just about 30 years old. He had big dreams. He was not the richest but he happened to be kind. He was particularly close to his mother.

“The mother was told on Friday evening and immediately we did, her health deteriorated. We had to immediately rush her to a hospital. That will be the second time she would he hospitalised in the last five days.

“His wife, Balikis Adeola Olabomi was also rushed to hospital yesterday, but she is back home now.

While giving more update to PUNCH during the interview, he said: “He planned to relocate to Osogbo. He told me he was looking for an accommodation. He wanted to move to Osogbo and expand his business. He was into produce buying. The day he died, he slept in my house. When we woke in the morning, he told me he was going to Osogbo and he left.

“No one can cheat death. Once the time has come to go, no one can stop it. I am a herbalist. I didn’t see anything. Even Saheed, I can’t say he saw anything. He didn’t tell me he saw anything. He didn’t look like someone about to die. It will be difficult to recover from this shocking incident.”

When asked what are the plans for his family, he said: “The Aragbiji of Iragbiji has plans for his children. He will talk on behalf of the family. He owns all of us.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.